Mr. Sandercock concentrates on maritime, commercial and appellate litigation. He is a proctor member of the Maritime Law Association and was formerly employed as a marine insurance underwriter.
• Baher v. Shelter Express, Inc., 298 AD2d 320 (1st Dept. 2002)(dismissing complaint for slip-and-fall on ice against bus shelter maintenance company).
• Stone v. Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Inc., 302 AD2d 376 (2d Dept. 2003)(dismissing complaint for slip and fall against hospital and its housekeeping services management company).
• Seven Acre Wood Street Assoc., Inc. v. Town of Bedford, 302 AD2d 511 (2d Dept. 2003)(dismissing action for preliminary injunction against property owner who allegedly increased the flow of water across his property).
• Amin Realty, LLC v. K&R Construction Corp., 306 AD2d 230 (2d Dept. 2003)(economic loss rule required dismissal of complaint against remote supplier of allegedly defective concrete which delayed construction of office building).
• Meade v. Rock-McGraw, Inc., 307 AD2d 156 (1st Dept. 2003)(denying partial summary judgment on liability under Labor Law 240(1) to worker who broke ankle while using A-frame ladder in closed position).
• Mohmand v. Shorenstein Realty Investors Two, LP, 307 AD2d 918 (2d Dept. 2003)(dismissing complaint by employee of cleaning company who was assaulted by car thieves in Garden City parking garage).
• Bodden v. Mayfair Supermarkets, 6 AD3d 372 (2d Dept 2004)(dismissing complaint for injury suffered when plaintiff pushed open automatic door from behind and attempted to step through opening).
• Pavlou v. City of New York, 21 AD3d 74 (1st Dept 2005)(reversing order granting new trial after jurors expressed remorse that their verdict had unexpectedly deprived plaintiff of substantial recovery).
• "When Should the Federal Maritime Law Preempt New York's Labor Law?", 3 Benedict's Mar. Bull. 276 (Third Quarter 2005)
Office: New York, NY
· Commercial, Business & Securities Litigation Practice
· Complex Tort Practice
· Marine & Cargo Practice
· Appellate Practice
· Property Loss and Subrogation Practice Group
Publications and Events
· Curt Schiner and John Sandercock Obtain Dismissal of Labor Law claims in the New York State Court of Appeals
· Fuchs & Bergh, Inc. v. Lance Enterprises, Inc.
· Court of Appeals Victory
· 3 Benedict's Mar. Bull. 237 (3d Quarter 2005)
· Maritime Preemption of Labor Law § 240
· Pavlou v. City of New York
· Meslin v. The New York Post
• 1979 J.D. New York University School of Law
• 1976 B.A. Haverford College
• Maritime Law Association of the United States
• Association of the Bar of the City of New York